Activity will take place in Chinatown and Trafalgar Square and the parade will again form-up in Duncannon Street and process from there north up Charing Cross Road (closing at 08:00hrs this year which is an hour earlier than in 2016) which will to Shaftesbury Avenue where there will be stalls and a family stage in Dean Street.
There will also be a stage on Charing Cross Road as per last year. In Leicester Square there will be a simulator and stalls. Al fresco dining is unaffected.
There will be road closures in central London between 07:00 and 20:00 for the parade and celebrations. Road closures around Trafalgar Square and Chinatown include:
- Pall Mall East
- Wardour Street (between Shaftesbury Avenue and Winnett Street)
- Duncannon Street (between St Martin’s Place and Strand)
- Charing Cross Road – slip road only
Hyde Park Corner slip road eastbound (on to Piccadilly)
- Hyde Park Corner underpass eastbound (from the junction with Knightsbridge)
- Charing Cross Road (between St Martin’s Place and Shaftesbury Avenue)
- Charing Cross Road (southbound between Denmark Street and Shaftesbury Avenue)
- Shaftesbury Avenue (between Charing Cross Road and Piccadilly Circus, and westbound between St Giles High Street and Cambridge Circus)
- High Holborn (no westbound entry from Kingsway and all roads within the Chinatown area)
For the latest information on how roads are operating, see our traffic status updates page or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter.
Bus services operating in and around central London will be on diversion or stop short of their destination from around 07:00 until approximately 20:00.
- Services affected : 1,8,9,14,19,22,24,25,29,38,98,139,171,176,242,C2
- Buses around Soho and Chinatown are likely to be busier than usual. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and plan ahead.
For the latest information on how buses are operating, see our bus status updates or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
Tube and rail will be the best way to get around central London on the day although Charing Cross, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden Tube stations may be busier than usual before and during the event.
To visit the TfL travel advice webpage, click here.