This is a national march, which invites all trade unions to join in one demonstration. The overall theme for this year’s event will be ‘A new deal for working people’.
This is a High Impact event.
Numbers are anticipated to be between 50,000 to 100,000 with results of the local elections potentially influencing the higher number of participants if Labour outcomes are increased.
Form up will be on Victoria Embankment (between Hungerford and Blackfriars Bridges). The Rally point will be within Hyde Park with speakers from the Key Unions and politicians including Jeremy Corbyn.
Road closures will be facilitated by the Metropolitan Police Service.
Key locations include:
Victoria Embankment > Northumberland Avenue > Cockspur Street > Pall Mall > Regent Street St James’s > Piccadilly > Hyde Park Corner > Hyde Park.
Key timings include:
9:30am – Victoria Embankment closures in
11:00am – Form up
11:45am – Route closures implemented
12:00pm – March step off
1:30pm – Rally starts
2:30pm – Route re-opens
4:00pm – Rally finishes
Further operational details:
- There is a proportionate policing operation in place
- The MPS will be implementing a range of mitigation defences on the Embankment and at key points along the route including barriers and vehicles
- SFM will provide stewarding at the form up area, on route and within Hyde Park who will be supported by event stewards
- First Aid cover will provide medical services
- Temporary toilet facilities will be located on Savoy Street, Temple Place and Bennet Street to facilitate the form up area.