Jamie Theakston, breakfast presenter for Heart London radio, has been completing a walking challenge to raise money for Global’s Make Some Noise, the official charity of Global radio. The challenge will conclude in Leicester Square on Friday 5 October at around 8am, in the final hour of his breakfast show with Emma Bunton, with small number of supporters set to gather at the official finish line.
A small inflatable arch will be erected on one of the southern entrances to the gardens.
Key timings include:
6:30am – Contractor to arrive and erect small inflatable arch on one of the pathways of the garden
7:45am – Supporters arrive in gardens
8am – Gardens open as normal
8am – 8:15am – Jamie Theakson arrives
8:30am – All supporters go to Global
9am – Gardens clear
If you would like to make a donation to support Global’s Make Some Noise Day, an annual appeal giving a voice to a number of small charities that struggle to get heard, click here.
About Global’s Make Some Noise Day
Global’s Make Some Noise is a national charity that funds and empowers projects, helping disadvantaged children, young people, and their families, as close to home as possible. Supported by the media and entertainment group, Global, who is home to some of the UK’s biggest radio brands, and based in Leicester Square.
Global’s Make Some Noise Day is an annual appeal, where all of Global’s brands come together to give a voice to small charities that struggle to get heard.
There are loads of ways you can get involved with this year’s fundraising. Here are some suggestions:
- Dress Loud for Global’s Make Some Noise Day – dig out your snazziest shirt or your wackiest wig, and donate to Global’s Make Some Noise
- Bake Some Noise – you could hold a Bake Sale or Coffee morning in your office
- Sales – you could donate a percentage of your sales on Friday 5 October to Global’s Make Some Noise
- Raffle – host an in-store or in-office raffle for your customers and staff to win one of your products, or donate a prize for Global’s Make Some Noise to use in one of our competitions
- Vouchers – lots of volunteers will be at Global helping with fundraising on Make Some Noise Day and we’d love to reward them with a tasty lunch. You could donate £5 or £10 vouchers to go towards their meal at your restaurant!
- Collection tin – simply place one of our collection tins on your counter