On Thursday 27 February, we unveiled Scenes in the Square, in partnership with Westminster City Council and most major film studios.
Celebrating a century of cinema and Britain’s love of film, Leicester Square has come to life with some of the most iconic characters from our favourite films, from Mary Poppins to Wonder Woman.
The statues in Leicester Square include Laurel & Hardy, Bugs Bunny, Mr. Bean and many more. All of which can be found animated in different parts of the square. Find Paddington sitting on a bench eating his marmalade sandwiches, Wonder Woman bursting through a wall and Batman watching over the square from a rooftop.
The long-term art installation features highly recognisable classic and contemporary film characters, each immortalised in interactive and expressive bronze statues, some brought to life in the evening through lighting.
Click here to find out more on the Leicester Square website.
View the video below:
If you are a business in the area, here are some ways to get involved:
- Download our press package and share the news on your channels – View available assets here
- We’re running regular competitions on our Discover Leicester Square channels to promote day’s out in Leicester Square – Let us know if you’d like to offer a prize
- Create or tell us about your film-themed cocktail / menus. For example: Carrot cake – perfect for Bugs Bunny; “An American in Paris” cocktail – perfect for Gene Kelly
- Let us know about your cinema and theatre activities to help us reinforce “the home of film and entertainment” LSQ brand messaging
- Let us know about your afternoon tea menus – are they movie/theatre themed?
- Tell us about your current hotel offers as consumers may be wanting to stay local to experience Scenes in the Square.
If you have any queries or if you would like to send your film-focused activity, please contact the marketing team on: email@example.com. Or, contact Ellie directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.