Thank you to our members and partners that attended this week’s engaging Exchange meeting.
Please see below a review of the key discussion points and actions.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 24 September 2019.
- Heart of London Area Update: Rico Pieri – Area Manager, introduced one of our dedicated City Inspectors, Mark Johnson, who will soon be working alongside two other City Inspectors.
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation: The concrete blocks in Swiss Court are being covered with art, courtesy of Cafe Fiori and artist Charlotte Posner.
- UKPN: Currently, the upgrade of the transformer beneath Leicester Square is due to begin in February 2021. Heart of London is in full dialogue with UKPN and will provide full details and dates when they have been confirmed.
- Summer Screenings Update: Mark Williams ran through the upcoming Summer Screenings event in Leicester Square. If you would like to have an offer during the event, please email Eleanor.Blake@heartoflondonbid.co.uk
- Police Update: Sgt. Ludmila O’Brien gave an update on the priorities for the area, which include theft. The importance of reporting crime was highlighted, which can now be done through the Crime Reporting Site.
- My Local Bobby: Tony Nash, Director of My Local Bobby, spoke about the impact the team are having on reducing crime in the area. The team now consists of up to four security officers on Saturdays. To contact the team, please use your Heart of London radios.