On Friday 25th September, Heart of London was revealed as the winner of the prestigious DRUM PR Award for Best Event, Stunt or Promotional Activation, for Scenes in the Square, the landmark Leicester Square statue trail produced by Premier in partnership with Westminster City Council, film studios and IP partners.
The category was super competitive this year, with Scenes in the Square beating entries from some huge brands including BT Sport, Giff Gaff and Mastercard.
The Drum Awards is a global awards programme which recognises the best campaigns, the best companies and the best people from across the marketing and communications industry.
Heart of London, in collaboration with Premier, sought a creative vision that would cement Leicester Square’s global reputation as the home of film while increasing footfall and feel-good factor and making a significant press and social impact.
We conceived ‘Scenes in the Square’, a dynamic, interactive sculpture trail celebrating a century of movie magic, enabling visitors to become part of their favourite movies. The trail exceeded all press and engagement expectations and looks set to become a long-term tourist attraction.
What the judges said: ”This was an overwhelming challenge: getting all the movie brands on board, transforming the square, catering to an ageless audience. The campaign reflected audience behaviours and attitudes and completely changed how they interact with the square.
”We would be interested to see its longevity and a plan for what this looks like moving forward.”
Members are invited to get involved in the Scenes in the Square activity. Here are some ways this can be achieved:
- Download our press package and share the news on your channels – View available assets here
- Create or tell us about your film-themed cocktail / menus. For example: Carrot cake – perfect for Bugs Bunny; “An American in Paris” cocktail – perfect for Gene Kelly
- Let us know about your cinema and theatre activities to help us reinforce “the home of film and entertainment” LSQ brand messaging
- Let us know about your afternoon tea menus – are they movie/theatre themed?
- Tell us about your current hotel offers as consumers may be wanting to stay local to experience Scenes in the Square.
If you have any queries or if you would like to send your film-focused activity, please contact the marketing team on: email@example.com. Or, contact Ellie directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.