August saw the launch of our summer screenings, the first ever outdoor cinema event in Leicester Square. An overwhelming success for visitors and businesses alike – in spite of some rain – the screenings increased footfall, dwell time and positively engaged new audiences to encourage consumer spend in the area.
We would like to thank our businesses for getting involved and providing offers for our Leicester Square website. The free popcorn from Cineworld, M&M’s from M&M’s World and photobooth again helped to increase footfall and dwell time in the area. We also had a photographer taking photos so please view the images on our Leicester Square Facebook page.
We continued to survey visitors at the event. 220 individuals were asked their opinion over the two weekends, which represented a total of 611 people. The feedback was very positive overall – and welcome. We will consider all feedback, and ensure future events are even better!
- 63% domestic, 37% tourists – indicating the event reached the intended UK wide domestic audience
- 30% Kids 0-14, 23% Young adults 15-24, 43% Adults 25-54 – indicating the event reached the intended audience of families
- 90% said they would come back for more events like this, or spend more time in the area because of events like this
- 75% of people bought food and drink in the area
- 40% spent between £10-£29, 22% £30-£49, 15% £50-59+
- Over 500 email addresses were collected from the photobooth to receive our leicestersquare.london monthly newsletter