South West Trains – Waterloo & South West Upgrade
From 5 and 28 August inclusive, fewer South West Trains services will run while work starts to extend platforms at London Waterloo.
Timetables during this time are available now. Please visit Train Service Information to view and download your timetable.
For more information on how TfL services will be running during this time, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/waterloo-works.
There will also be works on a number of weekends throughout 2017 which will also reduce the number of trains in service. To check your journey at weekends, please visit Planned Engineering Works.
The impact on your journey will vary depending on when and where you travel but as fewer trains will be running your journey might be changed in the following ways, even if you are not travelling into London:
- The majority of stations will have fewer train services
- Services and stations will be busier than usual, especially in the morning and evening peaks on weekdays
- Some journeys are likely to take longer
- There will be queuing systems outside some stations
- A small number of stations will be closed
- Other operators’ services will also be busier while passengers take alternative routes, including London Underground.
Thameslink Line Closures
Between Saturday 26 August and Saturday 2 September, there will be no Southeastern services to or from London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross while Network Rail continues to rebuild London Bridge station and the surrounding railway, as part of the Thameslink Programme. Fewer trains will be running to and from London and those that do run will be much busier than usual and diverted to other stations, including Victoria, Blackfriars, Cannon Street and London Waterloo International. Queuing systems will be in place in some stations and passengers should leave more time for their journey.
On Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August there will be no Southeastern trains at Cannon Street and Blackfriars and fewer Southern services to London Bridge.Follow the links below to download resources for display in your office or for use in your internal communications.
- A poster to display around the office
- A leaflet explaining the changes
- Suggested text for internal communications (download Word doc)
- Digital copies of walking maps of the Cannon Street, Blackfriars and Waterloo East and London Bridge station areas
- An animation showing the changes to services that can be displayed on screens around the office
If you have any questions about the Thameslink Programme, how you can prepare your business for these changes or would like to request hard copies of leaflets please email email@example.com