In late February, Heart of London Business Alliance in partnership with Westminster City Council and most major film studios will be unveiling Scenes in the Square.
Celebrating a century of cinema and Britain’s love of film, Leicester Square will be coming to life with some of the most iconic characters from our favourite films, from Mary Poppins to Wonder Woman.
The statues coming to Leicester Square will include Laurel & Hardy, Bugs Bunny, Mr. Bean and many more. All of which can be found animated in different parts of the square. Find Paddington sitting on a bench eating his marmalade sandwiches, Wonder Woman bursting through a wall and Batman watching over the square from a rooftop.
The long-term art installation will feature highly recognisable classic and contemporary film characters, each immortalised in interactive and expressive bronze statues, some brought to life in the evening through lighting.
Click here to find out more on the Leicester Square website.
Get involved in Scenes in the Square:
The strength of our combined messaging and channels will solidify Leicester Square’s key brand messaging and help us to be identified as London’s home of film and entertainment.
Ways to get involved:
- We urge you to download our press package and share the news on your channels – View available assets here
- There’s a possibility we will be looking for venues to host a maquette (mini-version) of each statue – Let us know if you’d be interested
- Create or tell us about your film-themed cocktail / menus. For example: Carrot cake – perfect for Bugs Bunny; “An American in Paris” cocktail – perfect for Gene Kelly
- Offer 2-4-1 cinema tickets during activity period with exclusive “Scenes in the Square” code
- A bespoke movie-themed afternoon tea
- Offer a “Hollywood Night In” package which could include a night’s stay in the hotel with a complimentary dinner
If you have any queries or if you would like to send your film-focused activity, please contact the marketing team on: email@example.com. Or, contact Ellie directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.