Since the inception of the West End Homelessness Partnership, it has:
- Helped 621 people on the street.
- Referred 143 into specialist support services including mental health, substance or alcohol support or employment.
- Helped 68 people into temporary accommodation or permanent homes.
The partnership funds The Connection at St Martin-in-the-fields delivery of a vital Street Engagement Team in the partner’s local areas. This service benefits both homeless people and businesses by delivering day-time street outreach shifts in pairs between 7am and 7pm. They:
- Promptly react to referrals made by the local business community;
- Proactively make contact with vulnerable people out on the streets;
- Advance intensive casework behind the scenes to help people off the streets.
We are the founding partners alongside the Coutts Foundation, New West End Company, Shaftesbury Plc, and Network Rail. Our referrals guide the targeted response of the Street Engagement Team, providing highly visible and reassuring support. Together, the partnership is proving that this new approach is able to bring real change for individuals who have been stuck in street homeless lifestyles for a very long time.