Only in the West End Summer Campaign 2022
Heart of London Business Alliance has collaborated with New West End Company, Capital & Counties, Grosvenor Property UK, Shaftesbury Plc, and The Crown Estate to launch the Only in the West End this Summer Campaign.
Following two years of travel restrictions and national lockdowns, over 100 streets and destinations across London’s famous West End have come together to kick-start a four-month campaign of must-see, must-do, must-share experiences that can only be found in the West End this summer. The destinations taking part include Bond Street, Carnaby, Soho, Chinatown, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Mount Street, North Audley Street and the whole of Mayfair, Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, Piccadilly & St James’s, Regent Street, Seven Dials, Shaftesbury Avenue plus surrounding streets.
This campaign is a continuation of the Only in the West End this Christmas Campaign and aims to attract international tourists back to the Heart of London. With a wide array of art, music, and cultural experiences on offer, it is hoped that increased footfall will lead to increased expenditure which will in turn have a positive economic impact.
Michelle McGrath, spokesperson for London’s West End:
“The West End is hands down the most globally recognised city destination in the world. Following the last two years of restrictions, it is already really encouraging to see visitor numbers and bookings are bouncing back. Nowhere else offers the complete breadth and depth that the West End does; from the best and most spectacular summer festivals and thrilling theatre shows to a diverse music, arts and culture scene and, of course, unrivalled shopping and dining.”
The top 50 things to do Only in the West End this Summer:
- Enjoy over 1,000 seats of alfresco dining in Covent Garden
- Enjoy All things British at John Lewis to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee [2-6 June]
- Visit Apricity, the new social conscious restaurant in Mayfair
- Experience fashion in collaboration with art during Art In Mayfair on Bond Street [20 June-31 July]
- Visit The Art of London Season as the West End is transformed into a canvas of colourful art [August-October]
- Take an electrifying ride back in time and visit Back to the Future at the Adelphi Theatre on The Strand or be thrilled at 2:22 A Ghost Story at Criterion Theatre
- Shop the best of British Designer on Mount Street
- Indulge to a spot of luxury living with a visit to The Biltmore Royal Stays in Mayfair
- Head to Bond Street to explore the Queen and the history of style: a right Royal history audio tour from June
- Indulge in a delicious array of sweets and savouries at Browns Hotel Tea Party
- Visit Buckingham Palace at Berkeley Square Gardens [2-5 June]
- Head to Carnaby where you will discover over 100 independent and international brands to shop with.
- Dine out at Carnaby’s iconic Kingly Court, the three-storey alfresco dining destination.
- Immerse yourself in the UK music history with the Carnaby Echoes audio tour and explore Carnaby’s music stores including RS No.9 and Third Man Records.
- Enjoy the Carnaby Summer Festival, a summer full of music, fashion, food and art
- Enjoy an authentic East and South East Asian delicacy at Chinatown’s dessert alley
- Visit Covent Garden’s Beauty Quarter, home to one of a kind beauty boutiques from Tom Ford, Chanel, Dior, Penhaligons and many more
- Dive inside The Crystal Maze Live Experience on Shaftesbury Avenue
- Visit the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason
- Take the kids the Disney West End Summer Stage programme [8 July-4 September]
- Check out the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition in Covent Garden
- Be immersed rich fashion history on the In A Mayfair Fashion AR Trail
- Take a trip to Jermyn Street Jubilee Fete [4 June]
- Sample a Jubilee’ cocktail at The Beaumont Hotel in Mayfair
- Introduce your family to the magic of live theatre during Kids Week [1-31 August]
- Enjoy Mayfair’s The Connaught Hotel very British street party with a brass band, strawberries and cream, afternoon tea sandwiches and artisan ice cream [5 June]
- Visit The Mayfair Jubilee Street Party, a celebratory street party and communal, fashionable feast [2-3 June]
- Visit Mayfair’s Summer in the Square in Grosvenor Square for a celebration of music, entertainment and wellness [21-31 July]
- Be tempted at the May Fair Hotel with an exclusive Charbonnel et Walker Afternoon Tea
- Marvel at the latest installation of flags by Paul Huxley RA on Piccadilly [16 June-September]
- Snap a colourful selfie by the Pride flags on Regent Street [June-July]
- Visit Raphael at the National Gallery [until 31 July]
- Discover the newest global flagships from Fabletics, Uniqlo and Theory on Regent Street
- Visit the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition for a taste of culture [21 June-21 August]
- Visit the iconic Royal Opera House in Covent Garden theatre for a cultural fix
- Sample a new flavour at the Ice Cream Festival in Covent Garden [19 August-4 September]
- Get a slick new look at the Saville Row Contours
- Treat yourself to the famous Savoy Afternoon Tea that has been a key feature of the Savoy Hotel since it opened in 188
- Visit Scenes in the Square in Leicester Square, an interactive statue trail
- Head to London’s iconic Selfridges- the world’s best department store – for a spot of shopping
- Visit Seven Dials Market for London’s best food hall and DJs every weekend.
- Have some fun at Seven Dials Summer Sessions [30 July]
- Be dazzled by surprised pop-up performances from West End Shows during Sing it From the Rooftops [June]
- Go on a hunt for a new summer wardrobe at the Soho Fashion Market
- Watch daily screenings of BAFTA masterclasses, Q&As and more from leading film, games and TV professionals, whilst enjoying a meal or cocktail at St James’s Market restaurants [6-12 June]
- Delight the kids at the Toy Soldier Marching Parade at the oldest toy store in the world, Hamleys
- Check out the Union Jack flagstaking over the skies above Regent Street & St James’s and Oxford Street and enjoy an al-fresco meal at Heddon Street’s terraces
- Indulge at the Verve Clicquot and Whispering Angel Terrace Takeover at The Hotel Café Royal
- Get your musical fix at West End LIVE in Trafalgar Square [25-26 June]
- Enjoy Wimbledon al fresco at Wimbledon in the Gardens [Brown Hart Gardens, Mayfair], in the Piazza in Covent Gardenor the big screen in St James’ Market [27 June-10 July]